- Who are we and what do we do?
The Shrewsbury Railway Heritage Trust was established as a charity in July 2003 to:
- raise public awareness of the railway heritage of Shrewsbury and its region;
- advance the education of the public about the railway heritage of Shrewsbury and its region through lectures, publications and other means;
- collect, document, conserve and interpret material evidence of the railway heritage of Shrewsbury and its region for the public benefit;
- establish and maintain a museum for the care, display and interpretation of material evidence of the railway heritage of Shrewsbury and its region for the public benefit;
- support the preservation and interpretation of historic buildings and other structures associated with the railway heritage of Shrewsbury and its region for the public benefit.
The Trust is managed by an elected group of Directors who form a Committee that meets on a monthly basis to oversee the work of the Trust.
Shrewsbury Railway Heritage Trust is a Registered Charity ( Charity Number 1116296 ) set up under The Companies Act 1985 and 1989 as a ‘Company Limited by Guarantee and not having A Share Capital’ (Company Number 4847614).
A ‘ NEWSLETTER ‘ is produced four times a year and distributed free to members . The newsletter can be purchased by non- members for £1.00 plus postage.
PRESS RELEASE AND LATEST NEWS – OCTOBER 2014
It is with very great sadness that we announce the passing away of one of our founder members and Directors of the Trust. Russell died on the 21st October
We will be publishing a full tribute to Russell soon, but in the meantime we offer our heartfelt condolences to his family at this difficult time.
We have a new station Sign !
Dave Giddins stands by the recently added sign for the Abbey station Building
NOTICE TO MEMBERS AND GENERAL PUBLIC. THE ABBEY STATION WILL BE OPEN ON THE FOLLOWING DATES DURING THIS YEAR.
OPENING HOURS ARE NORMALLY FROM 10:00 – 16:00
STOP PRESS WE WILL HAVE COPIES OF GEOFF CRYER’S NEW BOOK ‘SHROPSHIRE RAILWAYS’ FOR SALE THIS WEEKEND . PRICE £16.99
14th & 15th June
, 13th & 14th September
, 25th & 26th October
There will be other days during the year , when the station will be open – when Steam trains are in town and on Abbey & Wildlife Trust Fayre Days – please check website for updates.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO HELP ON OPEN DAYS
We need volunteers to help us at the Abbey Station. You do not need specialist railway knowledge, but will need good welcoming and listening skills. If interested please contact MANSEL WILLIAMS on:
Tel: 01743 235103 Mobile: 07804219253
By Letter to: 15, Havelock Road, Belle Vue, Shrewsbury . SY3 7ND
We have recently ( April 2014 ) added a number of Albums to the
Gallery depicting various stages in the Abbey station’s renovation
The wagon , illustrated below, will be on sale at Open days at a special price of £9:00
LIMITED EDITION WAGON
This wagon, produced by Dapol , represents, in OO gauge, a wagon used pre- war by the ‘Shrewsbury Cooperative Society’.
Wagons can also be purchased and sent by post ( postage £2.50 for one wagon, postage for larger orders will be advised on placing order )
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.