- Who are we and what do we do?
The Shrewsbury Railway Heritage Trust was established as a charity in July 2003 to:
- raise public awareness of the railway heritage of Shrewsbury and its region;
- advance the education of the public about the railway heritage of Shrewsbury and its region through lectures, publications and other means;
- collect, document, conserve and interpret material evidence of the railway heritage of Shrewsbury and its region for the public benefit;
- establish and maintain a museum for the care, display and interpretation of material evidence of the railway heritage of Shrewsbury and its region for the public benefit;
- support the preservation and interpretation of historic buildings and other structures associated with the railway heritage of Shrewsbury and its region for the public benefit.
The Trust is managed by an elected group of Directors who form a Committee that meets on a monthly basis to oversee the work of the Trust.
Shrewsbury Railway Heritage Trust is a Registered Charity ( Charity Number 1116296 ) set up under The Companies Act 1985 and 1989 as a ‘Company Limited by Guarantee and not having A Share Capital’ (Company Number 4847614).
A ’ NEWSLETTER ‘ is produced four times a year and distributed free to members . The newsletter can be purchased by non- members for 50p.
STATION OPEN THIS WEEKEND 23rd and 24th NOVEMBER 2013
TO COINCIDE WITH THE VISIT OF TORNADO TO SHREWSBURY, THIS WEEKEND, THE ABBEY STATION WILL BE OPEN ON BOTH DAYS;
OPENING TIMES ARE: 10:00hrs TO 1600 hrs
THE TRUST APOLOGISE FOR ANY MISUNDERSTANDING .
- The limited edition wagon , illustrated below, will be on sale at the show for a special price of £9:00
LIMITED EDITION WAGON
This wagon, produced by Dapol , represents, in OO gauge, a wagon used pre- war by the ‘Shrewsbury Cooperative Society’.
150 wagons have been produced and are priced at £10 .50 with all profits going to the Trust’s fund for the Abbey Foregate Station Project.
Wagons can be purchased at the forthcoming exhibition or they can be sent by post ( postage £2.50 for one wagon, postage for larger orders will be advised on placing order )
Please email: email@example.com for further details.